Tips to Quit Smoking
Here are some tips to quit smoking. As we all know smoking is dangerous for health. Quit the habit of smoking is quite hard because tobacco contains nicotine, which is highly addictive. People start smoking because of many reasons, Some think it looks cool. Others start because their family members or friends smoke. Statistics show that about 9 out of 10 tobacco users start before they’re 18 years old.
Hookah’s & Cigarettes:
Not only smoking is dangerous but also hookah is dangerous for health. It is made up of water pipe used to smoke tobacco through a hose with a tapered mouthpiece. There’s a myth going around that hookahs are safer because the smoke is cooled when it passes through the water. There is an upgraded form of hookah called as sheesha is also dangerous for health. This available in different flavors to attract youngster and youth. Nowadays cigarettes are used as trend and fashion in their lives.
Tips to Quit Smoking:
Following are the tips to quit smoking:
- Serious about commitment to smoking quitting: there is no way to quit smoking without any commitment
- Why you want to quit: Make a list of reasons to quit. Keep reminding yourself why you made the decision to give up. Make a list of the reasons and read it when you need support.
- Think positive: You might have tried to quit smoking before and not managed it, but don’t let that put you off.
- Make a plan to quit smoking: Make a promise to your self, set a date and stick to it. Sticking to the “not a drag” rule can really help
- Have Balanced diet: Is your after-dinner cigarette your favorite? A US study revealed that some foods, including meat, make cigarettes more satisfying. Others, including cheese, fruit and vegetables, make cigarettes taste terrible. So swap your usual steak or burger for a veggie pizza instead.
- Identify why you crave cigarette: A craving can last 5 minutes. Before you give up, make a list of 5-minute strategies.
- Get some support for quitting this habit: If friends or family members want to give up, too, suggest to them that you give up together.
- Making non-smoking friends: Companionship is very important to quit this habit if your friend circle is use to smoking than you will also addicted for it.
- Keep your hand and mouth busy: there are tablets, lozenges, gum and a nasal spray.
And more from Wikipedia
Interesting story for quitting this habit:
Here is interesting story of a man, who want to leave the cigarette. he used to closed his mouth in a cage and this will locked and his wife can open this cage. And she open this at the time to eat food.
Read about motivational tips for students.